Ever since we lost Georgie my emotions have been all over the place. I have days when I am doing well but I have days when all I want to do is pull the covers over my head and hide in bed all day.
The latter option is not really a viable choice since I have Emma who needs to get up, dressed, fed and into school before 8.45 every week morning.
So I have had to come up with incentives and things that make getting out of bed each morning a bit easier.
Here is some things that are working for me at the moment:
1. Choosing what to wear from the night before and always going for bright colours when possible!
2. Going for a treat-size breakfast once in a while
3. On grumpy mornings, choose favourite flavoured coffees or teas that entice and awaken my senses
4. Get myself motivated and ready to face the day with an inspirational quote that reminds me that life is beautiful and worth living
5. Have fun preparing Emma’s lunch box (this week’s theme has been Halloween, obviously!)
6. Set myself a walking challenge once Emma is in school and capture the beauty of the day/place in pictures.
7. Once in a while, do something spontaneous like driving up to the top of the hill on a sunny morning just to take pictures and enjoy the view
8. Take time and enjoy each other’s company at the weekend
9. Learn to appreciate the beauty of small but significant things, like a sunny and bright morning
10. Learn to see beauty in everything, even in the ordinary and in the “weeds” of life.
This blog post has been encouraged by the #EarlybirdChallenge Campaign, organised by the FreeOfficeFinder, that encourages people to reclaim their time and make the most of every minute of the day.
Seize the day, enjoy every moment, life is precious!