I have been living in Northern Ireland since 2007 and I have come to consider this little welcoming and green country my own.
I feel privileged to have been approached and asked to write blog reviews for two small businesses in Northern Ireland recently. I will introduce the first to you tonight.
When the brilliant mind behind the BubbleBum (I know, genius name, right?) asked us if we loved to road test one, we nearly jumped for joy!
The concept is simple yet innovative: this is one light weight car booster seat, suitable for children aged between 4-11 years (15-36kgs) and to be used in conjunction with a 3 point adult seat belt. You can easily inflate and use the BubbleBum almost everywhere: in a taxi, in a childminder’s car, on holidays or at the back of a small car like mine.
The inflatable booster seat folds up neatly when not in use and comes complete with a carry bag. A shoulder positioning strap is also provided so that your child can sit safely in their BubbleBum booster seat and have the safety belt secured across their body/shoulder.
We put it straight to use the same day we got it as Emma had some of her little friends over and the BubbleBum was almost fought over after the school run :-).
What did the girls think of it?(They ended up taking turns using it!):
1. That it has a funny name.
2. That it’s very comfortable.
3. That the Bubble Bum can easily be transported inside the house so they can play “safe dollies” with it too.
What did I think of it?
1. That it did all it said it would do: it was very easy to inflate and it didn’t take any unnecessary space at the back of my tiny Toyota Yaris.
2. Compared to the standard booster seats, the shoulder strap offers extra reassurance and safety, especially for a smaller child.
3. As a former childminder, I find it very practical to store and also easy to clean, in case of spillages or toilet accidents.
Here is a short video of how to install the shoulder strap correctly:
I am sorry for the lack of personal photos in this review. My car is only a three-door car and I found it impossible to take any good shots of Emma sitting on the Bubble Bum through the window.
The BubbleBum range retails at £29.99 and can be bought from Halfords, John Lewis, Tesco, Boots, Argos, Heatons, Kiddicare and Amazon.co.uk.
Disclaimer: we were sent the booster car seat to review. No monetary payment was made in exchange of this review. All opinions expressed are our own.