With everything that has happened lately I stopped blogging. It has been merely pouring out my grief. So when I heard of the challenge launched by the lovely Outmumbered mummy blogger I decided this would be something I would like doing this month. I will try every day but if internet connections fail me, you will forgive me, won’t you!
So here goes, today’s challenge. 20 things about me you may not know.
1. I am an introvert. I recharge in quietness. I love to read and need time on my own to process information and facts.
2. I was born in Romania but have lived in Northern Ireland for the past 8 years.
3. I love the colour blue. I went through a phase as a teenager when I wore ONLY blue…
4. I love God. But I have been really struggling in the past few weeks to comprehend why my baby had to die in such a cruel way, of such a horrible illness, at such a young age. And I have been angry with Him.
5. My husband says I never use the bad language I use while driving or when I am really angry with him on the blog. Let’s just say I haven’t found the context to use it yet…
6. I used to attend an Orthodox Church as a child and teenager. And had a lot of respect for our priest who sadly passed away recently.
7. I hate cats(sorry, Mimi!) We used to have a tomboy called Tom who scratched and bit and peed in the house. Never again!
8. I travelled a lot and speak three languages fluently. And I can converse in basic sentences in other two.
9. I wish I had a ton of money and be friends with this world’s influencers. So I can help relieve pain and give joy.
10. I have always seen myself as a mum of two. Georgie’s death didn’t take that dream away. I will be the mum of two living children(and one precious baby angel!)
11. I hate unquestioned traditions and prejudices. If people questioned their system of beliefs more often there will be much less wars. And pain in the world.
12. I have become a beach bum this summer. It took me 8 years of being married to a Greek to get the fever of travelling for hours to get to a “good” beach.
13. But I still love lazying by the pool too! So not Greek, I know!
14. I can’t swim, by the way. Something to do with being born 9 hours away from the sea…
15. My mum is still my best friend.
16. I love peaches. And watermelon in the summer.
17. When I am very stressed, I stop eating. I lost loads of weight after giving birth both times because both my babies were very unsettled.
18. I love food and I can eat anything under normal circumstances.
19. I love having fresh flowers in the house all the time. They give me joy.
20. I learned to drive when I was 27!
That’s me for today, see you tomorrow hopefully!